Re: Option to create statically linked binaries

| From: Christopher Berardi <>
> Is there an option to create a statically linked binary? Would such an option
> be recursive (statically linking all the dependencies of the dependencies)?

I had just a simple need to build cvs to be static yesterday.
( I had for su also before).

I felt it would be convenient if we had globally valid
statement such like:
   BUILD_STATIC=        yes
But the following line makes the same thing.
   LDFLAGS+=  -static
Both are just one line change. So I decline the idea.

But I read the quoted line and understand there may be another
needs. Like in /etc/mk.conf

(Too much work and getting small ? )
Makoto Fujiwara,