m4 installation throws awk: floating point exception 8

Hi,

I'm running NetBSD 5.1 on SPARC (emulated with current QEMU)
and I am experiencing problems while installing m4 using current pkgsrc.

qemu-netbsd-51-sparc# make install clean
=> Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: found digest-20080510
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in m4-1.4.15
===> Configuring for m4-1.4.15
=> Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck
/usr/bin/awk: floating point exception 8
 input record number 18792, file configure
 source line number 1
*** Error code 2

I have reported the problem to port-sparc

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=44389

Further discussion suggested it may be problem with QEMU itself.
I asked QEMU folks and obviously a reproducible test case is needed.

So, I would like to ask how can I isolate exact AWK command issued by
pkgsrc system which eventually leads to the exception:

/usr/bin/awk: floating point exception 8

Is there any way to trace the pkgsrc commands back?

I imagine I need to find command executed during the step called
"Modifying GNU configure scripts to avoid --recheck"

I'm very new to pkgsrc world, so I have no idea really how to tackle
this problem. I would appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Member of ACCU, http://accu.org