Re: USE_LANGUAGES difficulties

msettgast <msettgast%googlemail.com@localhost> writes:

> I am using NetBSD 5.1 AMD64.
> I have some difficulties regarding compiling several different pkgsrces.
> For example pkgsrc/net/openvpn version 2.1.3.
> If I try to compile openvpn, make stops and I got a message, that I should
> add c to USE_LANGUAGES in the package Makefile.

This warning is only to those who knows details, it isn't for regular user.

> I received this message for different pkgsrces with c, c++ and fotran.
> I tried to add this option to /etc/mk.conf and also to the
> Makefile of every pkgsrc, but unfortunately without any result.

Setting USE_LANGUAGES in mk.conf isn't really good idea.
In fact this breaks quite early thus confirming that it isn't good idea.

> Until now I was not able to find a solution for this problem,
> maybe somebody can give me a hint/ help me?!

You should address the real problem rather than messing with compiler selection.

--
HE CE3OH...