Re: NetBSD/java threading issues

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:59:20PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On 12 December 2010 21:55, Francois Tigeot <>
> wrote:
> >
> > At a first glance, we've learned two things:
> > - the new NetBSD 5.1 kernel itself is fine; if there's a bug
> > somewhere, it has to be in userland.
> > - the compat environment for NetBSD 4 binaries is not the same
> > as a real NetBSD 4 userland.
> Interesting. So the 4.x binary under 5 fails differently to the 5
> binary under 5 :/

Yes, although the error is not so different and was timing dependant
the NetBSD 5 binary.

Most importantly, there's no error with a NetBSD 4.0.1 installation
running under a 5.1 kernel.
I did a chroot to the NetBSD 4 disk, and everything ran fine.

> Are you able to try it under -current to confirm the issue is still
> present? and possibly i386?

I'll try to find some time during the week to do these tests.

I also received some private mail on the subject.

B ICT A.P. deBrouwer Jr. has opened a new PR with a fix for Kaffe:

Francois Tigeot