Re: wip/jdk15 resurrected

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 07:51:22PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 18:36:12 +0900, Francois Tigeot
> <ftigeot%wolfpond.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> >The first issue I have is with the tar command: it is not able to extract
> >.tar.Z archives from Solaris. I have not found enough details on the pkgsrc
> >guide to help me select a more relevant extraction program.
> >
> >Is there any special variable I could use instead of ${TOOLS_TAR} ?
>
> Before pass *.tar.Z file to "tar", you need to decompress it.
> ${EXTRACTOR} will take care it automatically.

Thanks. Howewer, I don't think it will be enough in this case: I have to
extract different distfiles which contain some files with the same names.

If I let the default DISTFILES= mechanism take care of it, there are error
messages about files beeing overwritten.

I would like to only extract a small part of this .tar.Z distfile.

This part of my work is based on the OpenBSD jdk 1.5 port; they seem to
have a very flexible extraction mechanism and I've not found a good way to
replicate it using the pkgsrc framework.

Original OpenBSD port code:

  EXTRACT_CASES+=               *.Z) \
                tar xzf ${FULLDISTDIR}/$$archive ${RT_JAR} ${TOOLS_JAR} ;;

I have roughly translated it into this post-patch code:

  cd ${WRKDIR} && ${TOOLS_TAR} xf \
                ${DISTDIR}/${SOL_BINFILE} ${RT_JAR} ${TOOLS_JAR}

(it should be in post-extract but post-extract is already redefined for the
Sun licensing mechanism)

--
Francois Tigeot