Re: pkgsrc quarterly vs. current?

As the owner of a lot of smaller systems, I prefer the quarterly binary
releases to minimise the amount of compilation necessary.

Also, I find that the 10-12GB download to get a complete copy of the
pkgsrc binaries a great help for reducing dependency hell - even if I
don't use more than 80% of the downloaded packages, they're there if I
need them and I can continue to support older systems without worrying
about pkgsrc upgrade creep ...

I can understand the annoyance at waiting for something that missed the
cut-off date, but it is possible to upgrade a system to a pkgsrc release
and then compile bits and pieces as necessary to make up the shortfall

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left