Re: pkg_add on machine without Internet connection

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Ray Phillips wrote:

> but how do I find out which packages kde depends on so I can fetch
> their .tgz files and put them all in one directory prior to running
> the command above?

pkg_info -n /path/to/binaries/kdebase4-4.4.4nb1.tgz

-n will give the list of dependencies

But it won't list the dependencies of dependencies, so you could do this
a step at a time.

Also look at pkg_summary (gz or bz2) file also located in the All
download directory. It is one file where you can quickly look. A tool
that can use this is pkgin (maybe someone can patch it to offer download
only) or my proof of concept in wip/pkg_get (which can do download
only).