Re: databases/p5-gdbm "Review"

2010/8/28 Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:28:28PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>> I had several problems with that on some perl packages, especially
>> while rebuilding all p5-* packages using pkg_rr. I run pkg_rr unattended
>> (probably pkg_rr should define sth. like "BATCH_MODE", and
>> PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT should be set in BATCH_MODE only),
>> and had 3 or 4 packages where the Makefile.PL/Build.PL waits for user
>> input. So the pkg_rr runs the entire weekend instead of 18h.
>
> That's annoying. Why aren't the questions there in a bulk build?

Probably the bulk builds running without a tty on STDIN.
prompt() of EU::MM and M::B prove whether STDIN is a tty (and open fh),
and read from there when it is - otherwise they enable PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT.

2010/8/28 Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>:
> If I may guess: -DBATCH.

I don't know, but I'll take a look. If bulk builds already define BATCH, pkg_rr
should follow that.

>> This will not happen, thanks to faked home dir of pkgsrc. CPAN would
>> fail. I tried this before. But that's why I asked for feedback and I'm happy
>> to find a common solution.
>
> Ok, I'm relieved to hear that.

How could you ever doubt in that? *hide*

/Jens