Re: databases/p5-gdbm "Review"

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 01:04:03PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> 2010/8/26 Stoned Elipot <stoned.elipot%gmail.com@localhost>:
> > Are you sure you want to add
> > PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1 to lang/perl5/module.mk's MAKE_ENV ?
>
> I'm pretty sure - otherwise each prompt() in Makefile.PL or Build.PL will wait
> until a user answers. This is a no-go for pkg_rr or other, non-bulk-build
> updates.

Well, this should be caught by the package updater, shouldn't it? And
I don't remember that we had problems because of this before.

I fear that with this change, when a package update introduces a new
dependency (not yet noted in pkgsrc) with this change the dependency
might get autoinstalled from CPAN and an inattentive updater might
overlook that.
 Thomas