Re: Old Binary Packages/Sources (NetBSD/i386 1.5.3)?

At 7:47 Uhr -0500 23.08.2010, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
>> Apparently NetBSD RAM and CPU
>> requirements increased sharply between 4.0.1 and 5.0.
>
>Is this documented somewhere?  I'd not heard that before.

There is little information about how NetBSD's bloat coefficient has
developed over the years.

For mac68k, I found that with a 5.99.2x installation on an 8 MB IIvx, I had
to enable swap in single-user to keep a fsck on the root partition from
running out of memory.

NetBSD/mac68k 1.0 was developed and built in 5 MB RAM.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281