Re: proposed deletion of gimp-print

"David Lord" <netbsd%lordynet.org@localhost> writes:

> On 12 Aug 2010 at 8:33, Greg Troxel wrote:
>

>> I would like to delete:
>>
>>   print/gimp-print
>>   print/gimp-print-cups
>>   print/gimp-print-escputil
>>   print/gimp-print-ijs
>>   print/gimp-print-lib
>
> My printers currently work ok.
>
> If I upgrade, will my printers stop working
> without change of configurations?

I don't know.

> Last time I tried gutenprint it was a disaster
> (although possibly years ago) and I had to
> reverse all the changes.

I am using gutenprint on an epson stylus photo 2200 and it is ok (some
issues, but I don't think it's gutenprint).

So I would, independently of my query about removing packages, suggest
that you try the new gutenprint.  If it doesn't work and we can't figure
out why, and you want gimp-print to remain, I can transfer MAINTAINERship
to you :-)