Re: Pkgsrc on linux, defective by design ?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 04:53:29PM +0200, Youssef Ghorbal wrote:
>       Appending of -L/usr/lib64 will alwas lead to linking against native
> libs when they are present on the system which not always desired.

Sadly there is not much we can do it. If the infrastructure doesn't add
it for the sake of some dependencies with builtin magic, many programs
will do so to be helpful. The design breakage is actually with the GNU
folks when they decided to add another system location, but didn't
handle it like /usr/lib. /usr/lib is special as it will practically be
dropped.

Joerg