Re: Problems building database/mysql51-server on NetBSD/sparc64

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 09:22:31PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
>   Has anyone else seen this?  Does anyone else have ideas of how to
> rectify this problem?

NetBSD does not provide atomic 8bit operations. It's not clear we could
implement them on all archs, and they would be a major performance problem
~ everywhere.

Probably best to bring this up upstream and file a pkgsrc PR about it for now.

The 5.0 server works on sparc64, btw., mostly (it fails a few tests, but I never
looked in detail).

Martin