Re: Successful bootstrap on HP-UX 11.11, but only using openssl$

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 06:51:26PM +0000, Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> Would you be able to check for me whether that system has the head file
> /usr/include/md5.h, as that's what I'm suspecting is the trouble.

This suspicion seems correct, but it required beating from a few different
angles to get working.  What I finally did was modify the file
        archivers/libarchive/files/libarchive/archive_hash.h
such that

#if defined(HAVE_MD5_H) && defined(HAVE_MD5INIT)
#elif defined(HAVE_OPENSSL_MD5_H)

was reversed to

#if defined(HAVE_OPENSSL_MD5_H)
#elif defined(HAVE_MD5_H) && defined(HAVE_MD5INIT)

and then set CPPFLAGS='-DHAVE_OPENSSL_MD5_H -I/usr/local/include'
and LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib to get the openssl I have in /usr/local/.

I'd obviously like to find out whether I overlooked something easier
than all the above contortions.  Also, would there be a way to build
the netbsd openssl package before having bootstrapped pgsrc?