Conflict with CC and CXX???

Although I can specify my compiler with PKGSRC_COMPILER I have noticed that
having another compiler with CC and CXX leads to problems.

In my case I had the default selection (GCC) but with Clang in my CC and CXX.
That gave me some problems with failed compilations until I realized that Clang
was being used.

For me it seems that even when PKGSRC_COMPILER, the CC and CXX of the
environment overrides that option (don't know if completely or partially)

Since I saw no warning of the information mismatch between PKGSRC_COMPILER and
CC/CXX I wonder if that is a bug. I am posting to both pkgsrc lists because I
am not sure if it is a bug, at least I would have liked to get a warning.

-- Francisco