Re: Bootstrapping pkgsrc for Ubuntu - problem with ftp

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 07:04:40AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I recently installed pkgsrc on Debian Linux and CentOS Linux. You don't
> need to use wget nor set any FETCH* option. It also doesn't need to
> download tnftp source as that is already included in pkgsrc.
> Maybe you defined something in your mk.conf that is breaking or
> overriding this.

I don't think I tweaked mk.conf until after bootstrapping, but I'll have to
double-check that.

After bootstrapping, under ~/pkg/bin was bmake but nothing else. This was
odd because I did notice it building bzip2, for example.

> How did you check out your pkgsrc?

env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d checkout
cd pkgsrc/bootstrap

> Just to get an idea of how new your pkgsrc is, please show output of
> ident pkgsrc/mk/
> ident pkgsrc/net/tnftp/Makefile

$ ident pkgsrc/mk/
The program 'ident' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
sudo apt-get install rcs
ident: command not found
$ sudo apt-get install rcs
$ ident pkgsrc/mk/
     $NetBSD:,v 1.10 2010/03/05 13:47:06 taca Exp $
$ ident pkgsrc/net/tnftp/Makefile
     $NetBSD: Makefile,v 1.26 2009/04/09 00:48:10 joerg Exp $