Re: Testers needed for erlang

Most of the erlang issues are resolved, please update your pkgsrc/wip/erlang and try it.

However, one big issue remains: value of DESTDIR is for some reason found in some of the files. Your installed Erlang does not work any more even though you have the package installed once you run "make clean", try to execute erl...

Standalone build on Debian with

cd otp_src_R13B04
./configure --prefix=/tmp/erlang13b04
make DESTDIR=/tmp/destdir all install
grep ROOTDIR= /tmp/destdir/tmp/erlang13b04/bin/erl

and on NetBSD with

cd otp_src_R13B04
for i in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/erlang/patches/patch-*
do
  patch < ${i}
done
grep -rl /usr/bin/perl * | while read i
do
  sed 's+/usr/bin/perl+/usr/pkg/bin/perl+g' < $i > $i.fixed
  /bin/mv $i.fixed $i
done
./configure --prefix=/tmp/erlang13b04
gmake DESTDIR=/tmp/destdir all install
grep ROOTDIR= /tmp/destdir/tmp/erlang13b04/bin/erl

and the resulting erl script looks fine. But with a package installed from pkgsrc I get

ROOTDIR=/home/pkgsrc/wip/erlang/work.i386/.destdir//usr/pkg/lib/erlang

which is of course invalid. My /etc/mk.conf contains

OBJMACHINE=YES
DISTDIR=/home/distfiles
PACKAGES=/home/packages.i386
PKG_DEVELOPER=yes