Re: default option set for math/octave depends on non-free software

Bah,
it has nothing to do with philosophy.
Enabling options which require explicit license acceptance
 undermines the possibility for people to install binary packages
without installing dependencies through pkgsrc. This should
be avoided, I think, except when this provides a much required
feature, which is not the case for octave/hdf5 and for other cases too.
Fulvio