Re: tnftp build error on Solaris 10 with Sun Studio compiler

15 okt 2009 kl. 14.46 skrev Jonathan Perkin:

* On 2009-10-15 at 12:44 BST, Leo R. Lundgren wrote:

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on using Sun Studio vs GCC, do
you still prefer using GCC?

Personally I only use Sun Studio, and it works pretty well these days
through a combination of better compatibility in Sun Studio, and our
wrappers work:

 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bulk/2009/10/07/msg006978.html

I won't vouch for how many of these 5414 packages actually _work_ but I'd
be surprised if a significant percentage of them didn't.

But, there's always work to be done, come and help out! :-)

Hey again,

Not to be like that but,, next up for build errors is nginx :D I'm getting the same errors as the bulk build at http://www.adsl.perkin.org.uk/pkgstat/20091005.0954/www/nginx/.broken.html , which is also similar to what the postgres84-server package shows (just mentioning it becuase I plan on running that one too).

Anyhow, I was just wondering if that symbol reference error is something that is likely to be a problem with the package itself, as opposed to some compiler/infrastructure issue?

I found some info on Google that indicates it's pretty much an issue with a lack of libraries containing the referenced symbols. Maybe this is due to missing inclusions in the package Makefile, for example. Especially the nginx package, the missing symbols seem to belong to nginx itself.

-|