Why including meta-pkgs everywhere ?

Hello pkgsrc-users@

I can't understand why pkgsrc include meta-pkg depend everywhere, I mean I
wanted to install only some kdebase stuff and it depend on everything meta-
pkgs/kde4.

Same for k3b, konversation, kmess, why these pkg needs a full kde installation
? Do you think konversation need kdeedu, kdegames, kdemultimedia ? I don't
think so and pkgsrc is the only one framework including a full kde
installation I seen.

There is also a lot of gnome dependencies on GTK based applications, I wanted
to install gimp a long time ago and I was surprised to have plenty gnome
dependencies such as Gconf, ORbit and even policykit. I asked on the channel
#pkgsrc@freenode and they said `Ask gnome it's their crap' by the way gimp is
not a gnome project and is really independant of it. Because they also say
`provide patches' I guess we can't say anything without providing patches ?

I'll do if necessary ;-)