Re: A more efficiet way to update packages.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Jörn Clausen <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Siju George<sgeorge.ml%gmail.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>> Is there any way to delete a package and its dependencies and then
>> update the package and its dependencies and then go forward and delete
>> the next one and its dependencies?
>
> pkgtools/pkg_rolling-replace

Hi,

I got the following error running.

#pkg_rolling-replace -u

Could some body tell me what is the trouble?

Thanks

Siju

=> Unwrapping files-to-be-installed.
===> Replacing for bmake-20090909
WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
Creating binary package: bmake-20081111
Creating package /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake/work/bmake-20081111
Using SrcDir value of /usr/pkg
=> Preserving existing +INSTALLED_INFO file.
=> Preserving existing +REQUIRED_BY file.
===> Deinstalling for bmake-20090909
Running /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_delete -K /var/db/pkg  bmake-20081111
pkg_delete: The following packages are marked as not for deletion:
        bmake-20081111
===> Installing for bmake-20090909
ERROR: bmake-20081111 is already installed - perhaps an older version?
ERROR: If so, you may use either of:
ERROR:     - "pkg_delete bmake-20081111" and "/usr/pkg/bin/bmake reinstall"
ERROR:       to upgrade properly
ERROR:     - "/usr/pkg/bin/bmake update" to rebuild the package and all
ERROR:       of its dependencies
ERROR:     - "/usr/pkg/bin/bmake replace" to replace only the package without
ERROR:       re-linking dependencies, risking various problems.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
*** 'make replace' failed for package bmake.
*** Please read the errors listed above, fix the problem,
*** then re-run pkg_rolling-replace to continue.