Re: Seriously confused but keeping packages current

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 06:48:02 +0900, Paul Newhouse
<> wrote:

NetBSD 5+, pkgsrc 2009Q2

I run "pkg_chk -Nq"  which I thought would tell me what currently installed
packages have more current versions available.  This probably what I don't
understand correctly?  Because it tells me:

   hal: hal-0.5.12

I currently have .11nb23 installed.  If I go to "sysutls/hal" and make update
I still have version .11nnb23 when that completes.

"-N" option is for pkgsrc developers to check installed packages against
i.e. notification for chance of update pkgsrc itself.

You should use "-unq" instead of "-Nq".

"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio /