Re: libFoundation + sope

Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 06:05:39PM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
I've cleaned up the packages a bit and added MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no, since
they don't like 'make -j16'.

Thanks! I ran in to this too yesterday (again) and had patched it locally.

I wonder how sope/patch-ag came about, and if
USE_TOOLS+=     gmake
would allow removing large parts of it. Can you shed some light on
this, Louis?

The patch-af and patch-ag come directly from the SOGo folks. They are in the SOGo distribution, in the directory SOPE: "sope-patchset-r1632.diff" and "sope-gsmake2.diff", respectively. The patches change sope enough so that it's no longer really sope; thus "sogo-sope".

If we can clean up the patches it would be great; especially if pkgsrc handles this internally with USE_TOOLS. But this puts me a little in over my head. My biggest concern is that future such patches provided by Inverse (the SOGo guys) will end up having to be evaluated and re-worked for pkgsrc.

I'll ask upstream and see if they can shed any light on those patches and their future.

Louis