Re: libFoundation + sope

Sarton O'Brien wrote:
Hi,

For some reason when compiling a program that depends on libFoundation I'm required to copy files from /usr/pkg/include/libFoundation/x86_64/netbsd/GNU into a relevant location or the program won't compile. Buildlink doesn't seem to be aware of these files.

NetBSD sammy.internal 5.99.15 NetBSD 5.99.15 (XEN3_DOMU) #1: Thu Jul 30 14:41:07 EST 2009 root%spike.internal@localhost:/usr/obj/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOMU amd64

After compiling SOPE, the above being a prerequisite, doing a 'make package' against SOPE fails with over a buffers worth of 'can't stat' etc etc.

Sarton

I have a newer version of sope packaged locally that appears to work (although I'm still testing). The version in www/sope is very old and I needed one that was patched to work with the "SOGo" (scalable open groupware).

It builds, but requires the pkgsrc-current gnustep packages and also does not require libFoundation.

At any rate, the version of sope in pkgsrc is very much outdated. The version I'm building has sogo-specific patches, which make it no longer "sope" as released by its maintainers. I plan to call the package sogo-sope and that may be a viable alternate package for you.

Unfortunately my testing is going slowly due to time constraints and lack of experience building pacakges, so I can't say I have things working yet. But I will try to get the packages in wip or some such thing once I've got it to a point of actually working.

Louis