Re: How to use pkg_summary for fetching binary packages?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> what is the best way to fetch all needed binary packages for a specific
> package and install these binary packages later on another machine?
>
> The pkg_summary file seems to be a starting point, but I can't find
> any documentation on how to use that file to fetch the binary packages
> for all needed dependencies.
>
> Note that the machine, where the fetch command will run, may have some of
> these packages installed, but the binary packages have to be downloaded
> for these packages too.

Look at

pkgtools/pkgin (converts the package details to SQL, works good to
install and update packages known in the pkg_summary database)

pkgtools/pkg_chk (it knows pkg_summary, but I haven't used for that)

wip/pkg_get (my testing shell script which works for basic use for
downloading, installing and sometimes updating)