FETCH_USING= wget

Hi folks,

I want pkgsrc to use wget instead of ftp, and according to docs this can be done with the parameter
FETCH_USING= wget
in /etc/mk.conf.

That simply does not change anything. Running make leads to packages being fetched with ftp.

Putting
FETCH_CMD= wget
into /etc/mk.conf leads to wget using URLs like ftp://ftp.... which does not work either.

Is the FETCH_USING parameter obsolete? And has FETCH_CMD to be accompanied by additional parameters to make wget work? The docs are a bit sparse on that, if I may say so. :)

Dirk