lang/gcc3 on Solaris 9

Yesterday I tried building gcc3 but ran into the same problem with the -c++,
-f77, and -objc portions.  I have libiberty 1.0nb2 installed, which defines
extern const unsigned char _hex_value[_hex_array_size], but in the code this is
not declared unsigned.

I hacked the declaration in gcc-3.3.6/include/libiberty.h and
gcc-3.3.6/libiberty/hex.c in all three and then it built fine (albeit with
warnings).  But I'm not sure if that's the best resolution to this or not.

Tim