php-pdo won't configure on OS X

Hi,

Just tried to build databases/php-pdo from pkgsrc-2009Q1 and came up with the following failure during the configure stage:

checking whether to enable PDO support... yes, shared
configure: error:
Due to the way that loadable modules work on OSX/Darwin, you need to
compile the PDO package statically into the PHP core.

Please follow the instructions at: http://netevil.org/node.php?nid=202
for more detail on this issue.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/databases/php-pdo
*** Error code 1

Stop.

... I believe I was able to build the php-pdo pkgsrc package before (but that could have been on NetBSD or Linux).

I'd really rather not compile PDO into the php core but if that's what I have to do, I'll do it. So the question is:

How can I choose to compile-in PDO as I build lang/php5?

The pkgsrc Makefile.php has `--without-pdo'. So the PLIST would probably be hosed if I un-did that. It would be great if this was handled as an option, at least for Darwin/OSX.

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Louis