Re: Setting LINGUAS="" breaks the bmake replace target

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 03:38:06PM -0700, walt wrote:
> Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:48:28AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>> A patch to pkg_rolling-replace to add an option to somehow not complain
>>> about failure to package and keep going would be welcome.  Or maybe this
>>> should be a pkgsrc option to just tar up what's there and not fail when
>>> packaging.
>>
>> I absolutely object such an option or patch.
>>
>> Joerg
>
> Oh, Joerg, you can be so Teutonic sometimes.

The Teutonic villages are in the south of Germany, my ancestors are
Slavic :)

> Are you ever going to forgive Matt for breaking libgtop2 three times in
> one month?  It still doesn't build on DragonFly, and I know you know it.
> How much beer would it take?  I'll contribute.

Likely not much. The problem here is whether or not to ignore errors and
whether or not the maintainance overhead of removing random "unneeded"
files is justified complexity. I have a number of possible solutions to
reduce package load for "embedded" targets, which is a somewhat
different goal.

Joerg