Setting LINGUAS="" breaks the bmake replace target

I set my LINGUAS variable to the null string because I don't
want all those unneeded .po/.mo files taking up disk space.

That part works correctly, but the names of all those files
still get added to the +CONTENTS file even though they are
not installed -- which causes the bmake replace target to
fail on every package.

Fortunately I can still use bmake install but I can't use
pkg_rolling-replace now, which I like better than pkg_chk.

Would this be difficult to fix?

Thanks!