Sun's VirtualBox emulator ported to FreeBSD

http://www/virtualbox.org

I assume I'm talking mostly to NetBSD users here, and pkgsrc/wip
have no port of VirtualBox, which means that maybe you've never used
VirtualBox.

IMHO it's a pretty nifty open-source competitor to VMWare and
friends.  Naturally, the target market for Sun has been Solaris
and more recently linux, so support for the BSD's has been lagging
a bit behind.

Today this announcement was posted to the vbox mailing list, and
I'm hoping someone here may be inspired by it:

Thanks to Alexander Eichner all vbox developers, Gustau Perez and Ulf
Lilleengen - we got r19378 successfully build and started on FreeBSD
current and 7.2 with some additional patches!

Screenshots: http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/

http://miwi.bsdcrew.de/2009/05/virtualbox-on-freebsd-first-screenshots/

It's does not work on FreeBSD 6 and amd64 yet and there are a few
unresolved problems - but it already installs FreeBSD on FreeBSD :o)

http://4bit.ws/~dhn/screens/vbox5_install-fbsd.png