Re: Removal of "firefox3-bin" package

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Jared D. McNeill
<jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
> Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Marking it broken on NetBSD seems fair, but removing it seems extreme.
>
> Why is firefox so special that pkgsrc provides a binary source package for
> it?

I accidentally had a private discussion with Jared by forgetting to
"reply to all".  In the end he suggested that nspluginwrapper + a
NetBSD native Firefox is a better way to go, and I don't disagree.

If there are no objections, I will disable this package tomorrow in
the manner proposed by Jeremy Reed.  I think we should consider
deletion though, as it can always be added later once the issues are
resolved.  Am I wrong in thinking that this package is not that useful
for non-NetBSD OSs?

Mike.