Re: evince needs some dbus and aborts

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:34:04 -0600 (CST)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
> > > I looked at core dump and see that it came via libdbus-glib-1.so.2
> > > from my dbus-glib-0.76 package. That package and dbus-1.2.1nb1
> > > were both installed in June 2008. But my glib2 was upgraded to
> > > glib2-2.18.3nb1 a few days ago. I assume that is the problem.
> > >
> > > So I used pkgsrc to install dbus-glib-0.80 (replaced existing and
> > > didn't rebuild any other packages). And now evince works for me.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, if you fired up evince several times, did it crash
> > every time?  I'm getting intermittent crashes with glib2-2.18.4nb1
> > newly installed.
>
> It was every time (but that was probably only ten times noticed).

For me, it was roughly alternate invocations.  However, I can't
reproduce the problem from home (something tied to $DISPLAY?  to other
copies of evince, though I didn't think any were running?), so I'll
hold off on your fix to see if it solves my problem as well.