Re: Trouble updating avr-binutils

Jochen Kunz <jkunz%unixag-kl.fh-kl.de@localhost> writes:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:41:34 +0900
> "OBATA Akio" <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
>> > gmake[2]: i386--netbsdelf-ar: Command not found
>>
>> wip/mingw/Makefile.common may give you a hint :)
> Thanks a lot. This is the trick:
> USE_GNU_CONFIGURE_HOST=NO
>
> This variable is not documented in The Pkgsrc Guide. Is there some
> other reference of all those magic variables besides reverse
> engineering pkgsrc/mk/*.mk files?

Speaking of USE_GNU_CONFIGURE_HOST, some modern packages complain loudly
about it, claiming the whole feature is obsolete. At least CLISP does that,
assuming "--host" is used only when cross-building.

I think that USE_GNU_CONFIGURE_HOST description should enter pkgsrc
developer guide(lines) as soon as possible.

--
CKOPO BECHA...
   CKOPO CE3OH...