Re: tex-live status

> On 2009-02-19, Steven M. Bellovin <smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
>> What is the status of TeX Live in pkgsrc?
[...]

2009/2/19 Pouya D. Tafti <p.d.tafti%gmail.com@localhost>:
> I created a local package for TeX Live 2008 a while ago.  Didn't
> advertise it then because it required one to manually download and
> mount the TeX Live DVD and to copy the texmf hierarchy to the right
> place.
>
> I'll have a look this evening and try to remember what was needed.

You can download the package from

<http://san-serriffe.org/netbsd/tl-bin.tar.gz>.

It is based on wip/texlive-bin-2007.

The way lzma archives are handled is *wrong,* so the Makefile will
need to be edited if unlzma is installed in an unusual place (I simply
delcared a variable UNLZMA and set it to  "/usr/pkg/bin/unlzma -k", as
I couldn't figure out how to add it as a tool, and needed latex
urgently).

AFAICR, after installing the package I simply mounted the
texlive2008.iso ISO image, and copied "texmf/", "texmf-dist/", and
"texmf-doc/" under "/usr/pkgsrc/share/".

I also have the following in my .profile:

 # TeX Live
TEXMFMAIN=/usr/pkg/share/texmf
TEXMFDIST=/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist
TEXMFLOCAL=/usr/pkg/share/texmf-local
TEXMFSYSCONFIG=/usr/pkg/share/texmf-config
TEXMFSYSVAR=/usr/pkg/share/texmf-var
#TEXMFHOME=$HOME/.texlive/texmf
TEXMFCONFIG=$HOME/.texlive/texmf-config
TEXMFVAR=$HOME/.texlive/texmf-var

export TEXMFMAIN TEXMFDIST TEXMFLOCAL TEXMFSYSCONFIG TEXMFSYSVAR
export TEXMFHOME TEXMFCONFIG TEXMFVAR
#export DIALOG_PROG=Xdialog

When running texconfig, dialog would dump core on my system so I ended
up using x11/xdialog instead (setting DIALOG_PROG=Xdialog).  texconfig
works without xdialog now, but I don't remember what changed.

HTH,

Pouya