Re: Enable cups for all packages?

On 21/01/2009 13:31, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:26:20 +0100
> Bernd Ernesti <netbsd%lists.veego.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it is possible to enable cups support for single package like using
>>  PKG_OPTIONS.ghostscript = cups
>>
>> But how do I enable it for all packages, without finding out all
>> current packages and keeping the PKG_OPTIONS.* list up to date with
>> every new cups support for a package?
>> I don't want to get into trouble like now with firefox3, where I was
>> told that it depends on cups support in gtk2.
>
> I've been thinking the same thing -- there are a lot of packages with a
> cups option.
>> Another option would be to enable it by default, but I don't think
>> that everyone wants that here.
>>
> agreed.
>

>               --Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

# Optionally, the user may define the following variables in /etc/mk.conf:
#
#       PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
#               This variable can be used to override default
#               options for every package.  Options listed in this
#               variable will be enabled in every package that
#               supports them.  If you prefix an option with `-',
#               it will be disabled in every package.

Is this what you mean ?

adrian.