Re: how to exclude an specific package from updating

Hello Joerg,

first, thank you for your answer.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:02:26AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger
>> I had to update php4 to php5 (also php5-mysql, ...).
yes, i know that this is possible.
I want to upgrade to php5. This is the reason why i had to upgrade this machine.

>> I also have mysql5-server(version 5.0.45) on this machine.
>No switch for this. Why do you need to keep the old version?

Because i got an error on an test machine (see: PR pkg 40436;

which i did not get on with the older version.

I don`t know if this error causes an crash of the mysql-server.
Because the machine is an production machine from an customer.
It runs an large typo3-Site with heavy load and some tracking tools
which also causes heavy loads.