Re: printing with firefox3?

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:49:53 +0200
Yorick Hardy <yorickhardy%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > The & before data is definitely wrong; I'm surprised it doesn't
> > crash cups.  I confess I fail to see how that could crash firefox3
> > unless there's another problem -- timing? -- firefox3.
>
> Firefox3 now uses gtk for the print dialog, which has a CUPS backend
> which leads to this code in libcups.

That doesn't show up in any dependencies I see here:

# pkgdepgraph -D -O cups
claws-mail-gtkhtml2_viewer-0.22nb1
evince-2.24.2nb3
gutenprint-lib-5.2.3
gv-3.6.3nb1
latex2html-2002.2.1nb7
openoffice3-3.0.0nb7
html2ps-1.0b4nb4
libspectre-0.2.2
ghostscript-8.63nb1
cups-1.3.9

I see that gtk2 has an options for cups, but I don't have it set:

# cd -
/usr/pkgsrc/x11/gtk2
# make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        cups     Enable cups (Common UNIX Printing System) support.
        debug    Enable debugging facilities in the package.
        jasper   Enable JPEG 2000 support using the jasper library.
Exactly one of the following gdk-target options is required:
        x11      Enable X11 support.

These options are enabled by default:
        x11

These options are currently enabled: