Perl 5.10 pthread issue

Hi,

since I upgraded Perl to 5.10, wip/nnrpd with compiled-in Perl support
gives me a

[hauke@pizza] ~ > telnet localhost nntp
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
nnrpd: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.
Detected by file "/public/netbsd-4/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c", line
341, function "pthread_mutex_unlock".
See pthread(3) for information.
Connection closed by foreign host.
[hauke@pizza] ~ >

which I am totally at a loss at, since nnrpd does not use pthreads.
Rebuilding the nnrpd package didn't help.

Does anyone have an idea on how to track this down, apart from building
nnrpd without Perl support?

        hauke