Re: ap2-fcgid not working

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 13:09 +0100, Damian Lubosch wrote:
> Hello!
> I am trying to run ap2-fcgid on apache2 and apache22 but it is not
> successful at all.
> I am using one of the latest NetBSD 5.0 beta.
> I configured apache using the documentation on
> and getting this error in /var/log/httpd/err_log
> [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: mod_fcgid: Can't create share
> memory for size %zu byte

> Is anybody using fcgid successfully?

I'm using it :)

The issue is that fcgid needs to be able to write it's sockets in a
certain way. It defaults to the log directory for apache, but the pkgsrc
install permissions are wrong for this.

I created /var/lib/fcgid like so
drwxrwx---  3 www   www    512 Nov  8 12:56 fcgid

And it then started working after configuring fcgid to use that dir for