Re: bootstrap can trigger bug in /bin/sh of OpenSolaris

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 02:04:52PM +0100, J?rn Clausen wrote:
>> For what it's worth: Changing the regex to
> Intereseting. It should be noted that this is *not* a regex, but a
> fnmatch expression. I'm starting to wonder if Solaris broke something
> more major... Have you tried filling a bug report with (Open)Solaris?

Quick update and end of story: /bin/sh in OpenSolaris is actually AT&T
KSH 93. The bug was confirmed and a fix will be in the next release. I
don't know when this bug was introduced, but shells/ast-ksh is also
affected (which has no connection to shells/pdksh, I know).

Joern Clausen