Re: Shouldn't "make replace" pull in pkgtools/pkg_tarup?

BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS means not the package itself require it,
the Pkgsrc infrastructure require it.
For example, I has used BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS+=wget for some packages
because of failed to fetch with tnftp (need http cookie).

pkg_tarup cannot be added to BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS, because after enter
"replace" target, the pkgsrc can detect of need of pkg_tarup,
but it's too late, resolving dependency stage is already done.

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:49:40 +0900, Aleksey Cheusov <>

> 3) Graph from 2) is incomplete. Dependencies from digest and checkperms
>   are missed. I'm aware about BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS but this doesn't solve
>   the problem with 'make replace' that needs pkg_tarup _absent_
>   in BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS. DISTBB is smart enough to run 'make replace'
>   (instead of make install) for packages like pkg_install.

Why "make replace" is required for DISTBB?

> 6) I don't think it is good idea to run digest, checkperms and
>   pkg_tarup from /usr/pkg_distbb

The pkgsrc should handle build time tools dependency and
package dependency (library dependency, runtime tools, and so on)
separetely (HOST and TARGET?).
It also improve cross build with pkgsrc...

"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio /