Re: Shouldn't "make replace" pull in pkgtools/pkg_tarup?

BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS means not the package itself require it,
the Pkgsrc infrastructure require it.
For example, I has used BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS+=wget for some packages
because of failed to fetch with tnftp (need http cookie).

pkg_tarup cannot be added to BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS, because after enter
"replace" target, the pkgsrc can detect of need of pkg_tarup,
but it's too late, resolving dependency stage is already done.

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:49:40 +0900, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost>
wrote:

> 3) Graph from 2) is incomplete. Dependencies from digest and checkperms
>   are missed. I'm aware about BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS but this doesn't solve
>   the problem with 'make replace' that needs pkg_tarup _absent_
>   in BOOTSTRAP_DEPENDS. DISTBB is smart enough to run 'make replace'
>   (instead of make install) for packages like pkg_install.

Why "make replace" is required for DISTBB?

> 6) I don't think it is good idea to run digest, checkperms and
>   pkg_tarup from /usr/pkg_distbb

The pkgsrc should handle build time tools dependency and
package dependency (library dependency, runtime tools, and so on)
separetely (HOST and TARGET?).
It also improve cross build with pkgsrc...

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost