still struggling with Ghostscript under Solaris

Hi!

I am still not able to compile print/ghostscript under Solaris (Sparc and x86). Things got worse with 2008Q3: Now I don't get a non-functional binary, but the binary won't even link.

I can unpack Ghostscript outside pkgsrc, say

env CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/pkgsrc-2008Q3/include' \
    LDFLAGS='-L/opt/pkgsrc-2008Q3/lib -R/opt/pkgsrc-2008Q3/lib' \
./configure --without-omni \
            --without-jasper \
            --with-drivers=HP,JPEG,PBM,PNG,PS,TIFF

and everything builds just perfect. Ok, it insists on using its own versions of libpng and libjpeg, but I can live with that.

Can someone help me tell pkgsrc to do exactly the same thing? I find the pkgsrc guide rather demanding (and doing an alternative version of an already present package seems not to be easy).

Regards,
   Jörn

--
 Jörn Clausen