Problems building finch (libgnt) on debian.

Hi List,

i try to build chat/finch on debian but it fails while building libgnt.
This is the error message:[0] I use pkgsrc as non-root user. My mk.conf
looks like this:[1] I've read about problems with ncurses under linux in
the pkgsrc guide[2]. It's recommended to install libncurses-dev. But
this seems to be installed[3]. The system is debian (etch) and i use
pkgsrc-2008Q3 but i noticed quite the same error in 2008Q2.

BTW: Why is a "native" ncurses-dev needed?

Best regards
Moritz Rebbert

 warning: `visibility' attribute directive ignored
 warning: `visibility' attribute directive ignored
gntentry.c: In function `gnt_entry_set_text_internal':
gntentry.c:1041: implicit declaration of function `snprintf'
make[3]: *** [gntentry.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error code 2

bmake: stopped in /home/moritz/pkgsrc/chat/finch
*** Error code 1

bmake: stopped in /home/moritz/pkgsrc/chat/finch

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK       # begin pkgsrc settings
UNPRIVILEGED=           yes
PKG_DBDIR=              /home/moritz/pkg/var/db/pkg
LOCALBASE=              /home/moritz/pkg
VARBASE=                /home/moritz/pkg/var
PKG_TOOLS_BIN=          /home/moritz/pkg/sbin
PKGMANDIR=              man

TOOLS_PLATFORM.pax?=            /home/moritz/pkg/bin/${NBPAX_PROGRAM_PREFIX}pax
TOOLS_PLATFORM.tar?=            /home/moritz/pkg/bin/${NBPAX_PROGRAM_PREFIX}tar

.endif                  # end pkgsrc settings

$ aptitude show libncurses5-dev

Paket: libncurses5-dev
Neu: ja
Zustand: Installiert     <---------------(installed)