Re: removing security/AiSSLtelnet and security/smimemsg

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:46:11 +0900, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>
wrote:

> The two packages
>
>   security/AiSSLtelnet
>   security/smimemsg
>
> have unfetchable distfiles and 404 HOMEPAGEs.  They apparently have
> non-free licenses, but I can't get a copy of the license to read.
>
> It does not appear that any packages depend on these packages.
>
> So, I propose to remove the packages from pkgsrc next week.  If anyone
> knows the authors or the current homepage or considers themselves the
> maintainer, please either speak up here or mail me privately.

Why just for AiSSLtelnet and security/smimemsg?
security/AiCA is also same situation and all seems in same project.
It seems that the Labo's HOMEPAGE had been moved from
http://mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/
to http://www-ailab.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/ ,
but in new site, not mentioned to AiCA.
I hear that NAREGI CA is the successor of AiCA.
http://www.naregi.org/download/index.html#capkg

Following is Google Cache of
http://mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/Research/MM/security/COPYRIGHT
http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cache:WT5d9srNOAAJ:mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/Research/MM/security/COPYRIGHT+LICENSE+site:mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp&hl=ja&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=opera

 ----------------
 AiCrypto License
 ----------------
 The following text is aicrypto license. This AiCrypto License is
 included all AiCrypto library codes and applicasion codes.

/*
 * Copyright (C) 1998-2004
 * Authors: Akira Iwata & Takuto Okuno
 * Copyright: Nagoya Institute of Technology in Japan
 *
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * This software is written by Takuto Okuno(usapato%anet.ne.jp@localhost)
 * And if you want to contact us, send an email to Kimitake Wakayama
 * (wakayama%elcom.nitech.ac.jp@localhost)
 *
modification,
 * are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
 *
 * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
 *    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 *
 * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
 *    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
 *    and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 *
 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must
 *    display the following acknowledgment:
 *    "This product includes software developed by Akira Iwata Laboratory,
 *    Nagoya Institute of Technology in Japan
(http://mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/)."
 *
 * 4. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following
 *    acknowledgment:
 *    "This product includes software developed by Akira Iwata Laboratory,
 *     Nagoya Institute of Technology in Japan
(http://mars.elcom.nitech.ac.jp/)."
 *
 *   THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.
 *   AKIRA IWATA LABORATORY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS
 *   SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS,
 *   IN NO EVENT SHALL AKIRA IWATA LABORATORY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
 *   INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING
 *   FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
 *   NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTUOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION
 *   WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
 *
 */

 -------------
 Other License
 -------------
 -- MD2 and MD5 --
 Please note that MD2 and MD5 includes RSA Data Security, Inc. LICENSE.
 Those are based on RFC1319 and RFC1321 document. And copyright distribution
 is followed in ok_md2.h ok_md5.h .

 -- PRNG --
 PRNG (pseudo random number generator) is originally created by Lutz Jaenicke.
 More details are written in rand/00design and rand/00readme document.
 Also, original C source codes, such as rand.c.org and seed.c.org are remained
 in rand directory.

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost