Re: firefox3 totally unusable

On Wed 30 Jul 2008 at 15:31:19 +0300, Cem Kayali wrote:
> I advise you to create a new test user and run firefox3 with new user's
> priviliges --- with default settings so that you can test whether the
> problem is with firefox3 and/or with your current settings

Good idea. I tried this, and the problems are slightly less, but they
still occur. The Google page looks ok now, but I found that slashdot.org
still has the same thing in some of the text. The same kind of error
messages are still printed, and some text is not shown at all
(including on the initial "Getting Started" page most of the text is
missing).

I also discovered that my default font "Times" somehow was very ugly
(not anti-aliased) and choosing another font (back to the default
"serif") was an improvement.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.