Re: firefox3 totally unusable

I use firefox3 on netbsd-current and i have no such problems -- even though i use Turkish charsets.

I advise you to create a new test user and run firefox3 with new user's priviliges --- with default settings so that you can test whether the problem is with firefox3 and/or with your current settings

Rhialto, 07/30/08 14:48:
I built and installed firefox3 from the new stable pkgsrc-2008Q2 branch,
and it is totally unusable.

To begin with, it wants me to agree with a EULA.

After that, it declares half my extensions "incompatible".

Then it doesn't render pages at all, or if it does, uses the numbered
boxes for many letters like turns into an empty "untitled" page, for instance.

On stdout it spits out scores of messages like

(firefox-bin:7070): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly
output. shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='Trebuchet MS Bold Italic
10.03125', text=' '