Re: tkabber doesn't work with tk-8.4.18

Hello, my name is Emiliano and just suscribed today. I'm somewhat involved
from some time ago with the tcl community. So this is my 0.02c to this
subject:

>chat/tkabber doesn't work with tk-8.4.18 under Linux.

please see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2010422&group_id=12997&atid=112997
and
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/3a3fedad45fecc51#
I bet your'e using gentoo or some other bleeding edge distro.
This problem will hit netbsd Xorg users when the packages upgrades to
the latest version.

>There's a rather distant plan to work on TCL packages:
>1. We need to get rid of 8.3.
>2. We need to bring 8.5.
>3. We need to update everything to use 8.5, since 8.4 is obsoleted upstream.

Agree with this. I routinely configure, build and install tcl and tk 8.5+ on
my netbsd box, and they work out of the box, no patches required.

Here's a short list of additional packages I build and works smoothly. some
are already in pkgsrc, some not:

Img1.3
Tix8.4.3
Tktable2.9