Re: Subversion without python and/or Ruby?

In message <>
        on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:47:16 -0400,
        Chris Ross <> wrote:
>    Hi there.  I'm not sure who owns pkgsrc/devel/subversion, but I was
> trying to install it today on my server, so I could set up subversion
> repositories.  I had already built subversion-base, for the client,
> but wanted the server out of the apache I had.

>    It appears that subversion *insists* on building ${PYPKGPREFIX}-
> subversion-${SVNVER} *and* ${RUBY_PKGPREFIX}-subversion-${SVNVER}.
> But, I didn't have, and don't want, either python or ruby installed on
> this machine.  I don't need the subversion modules for them.
Yes, devel/subversion is a meta-package which contains all subversion
components.  You could build and install part of them:

So, you may need devel/subversion-base and www/ap2-subversion.

Best regards.

Takahiro Kambe <>