Re: RoundCube Webmail and encoding

> Joel CARNAT wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've just installed roundcube (on NetBSD 4.0).
>> It seems it can't display emails that are not UTF-8 encoded.
>> And even for those email, some parts (like From, To ...) are not
>> displayed.
>> Did I miss some packages or did I forget to configure something ?
>> I found a similar error here :
>> So I tried running roundcubemail-trunk-r1342-20080429.tgz but it's still
>> the same.
>> any thoughts ?
>> TIA,
>>   Jo
> Hi,
> patches/patch-ad ?  I had to make that hack to actually be able to

yep, I had to modify index.php from -trunk using this patch as a example.

> authenticate.  I'm assuming you added _all_ the extensions to your

I think so.
My /usr/pkg/etc/php.ini contains:
include_path = ".:/usr/pkg/lib/php"
iconv.input_encoding = ISO-8859-1
iconv.internal_encoding = ISO-8859-1
iconv.output_encoding = ISO-8859-1

I've tried commenting the iconv.* parameters but that does not change

> php.ini ?  I did read the roundcube docs pretty carefully so I don't
> think I missed a DEPENDS in the package.

I tested stock archive on the same machine:
0.1-rc2 has the issue (and required index.php patch).
0.1-rc1 works properly.